Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Today

Today I can complain because the weather is rainy
OR
I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.

Today I can feel sad that I don’t have more money
OR
I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases
wisely and guide me away from waste.

Today I can grumble about my health
OR
I can rejoice that I am alive.

Today I can lament over all that my parents didn’t give me when I was growing up
OR
I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.

Today I can cry because roses have thorns
OR
I can celebrate that thorns have roses.

Today I can mourn my lack of friends
OR
I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.

Today I can whine because I have to go to work
OR
I can shout in joy because I have a job to do.

I can complain because I have to go to school
OR
eagerly open my mind and fill it with rich new pieces of knowledge.

Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework
OR
I can feel honored because the Lord has provided shelter for my mind, body and soul.

Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped.
And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.
What today will be like is up to me
I get to choose what kind of day I will have!



(Ruhi - thanks for emailing this beautiful verse )

3 comments:

RAHUL AITHAL said...

Nice one!

Balu said...

Wonderful lines, Relegates the pessimistic thoughts, now nicely carved on my left hemisphere of cerebrum. Is Ruhi the original sculptor of these lines

Savitha Rao said...

Hi Balu , Nice to see your feedback.
Ruhi is the wonderful person who mailed it to me. Author unknown.